We have close to one week left until we depart the States:) Family members are asking us if we are ready for this...ready for the adoption? ready for take-off? I am certainly ready for the waiting period to be over, and to meet Alexandra. Is anyone EVER really ready to be a parent? I am curious to see how it changes the dynamics of things. Don't get me wrong I am very excited about this, and scared at the same time. I sometimes wonder what thoughts go through other adoptive parents minds one week before they are about to close their current chapter in life. I have been so grateful for the amazing support family and friends have given us through this endeavor. One of my good friends, Rachel, recently threw an adoption party for me and Scott. All of my closest girlfriends showed up. I was a little leary at first to let her proceed with this, as it isn't completely 100% secure that Alexandra is ours yet. Scott gave me reassurance that everything will be fine. I haven't had this many friends all together in a very long time. I was super excited about this party, and it was fabulous! Good food, good drinks, and lots of laughs(Thank-you Miguel). Rachel, and her boyfriend Miguel, put on awesome adoption party!!! We received gracious gifts for Alexandra. There will be more shower parties to come even after we bring her home, as everyone is excited for our new family member. I cannot help but emphasize the amazing love I feel right now from family, and friends. Thank you. I will keep all of you updated while we are in Ukraine.
Lots of Love,.
Scott and Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment