Sunday, February 20, 2011

Очень хорошо

Today we had a breakthrough when she entered the room she was in tears, the caregiver quickly pulled out some games and let us know we should start talking more and in English. Sam had brought her Nintendo DSI with us this time so we decided to give it a try. This turned out to be the best thing we have done so far. Sam began teaching her how to play the games, she stopped crying and started interacting not only with the game but both of us as well. I held the console while she navigated the games with the stylus/pen. She particularly loved the games that traced the letters of the alphabet, compose music and dress up animals. During the session Sam and I both gave her praise in both English and Russian. Time quickly passed and it was time to go she took my hand to get up and gave Sam an open armed hug. This was the first time she reached out to us and a moment we will both remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!! Now if you guy's come home without her I am gonna be pissed!!