Sunday, February 20, 2011

What is the feeling  that comes to your mind when your child smiles at you for the first time?  or combs through your hair with their little hands, or acknowledges you as mama?  tonight all of this happened to me, and their aren't words that really can express this awesome feeling of accomplishment. As we spoke in our earlier post, the Nintendo DSI was a hit.  We brought that along for tonights visit as well.  I also introduced her to my IPOD. Which had all kinds of uplifting music for kids, and the grown-up alike.  I put the headphones on her, and turned it on. I let her listen while she played DSI with papa.  She then felt comfortable enough to start playing with all the buttons on both gadgets. YES! her kid is coming out! what 3 year old doesn't like buttons? I gave her my wedding ring, she tried it on, and then was shaking it back and forth, moving the floating diamond. Papa and her were teasing each other with the ring. I then took the ring and teased her with it, and got a smile.    She had fun playing with the ipod and changing all the songs, and turning up the volume. She looked up when she put a Wonder pet song on, and I gave her a goofy look-another smile. I had to keep on turning the Volume down.  Papa had noticed she put the ipod on hold song. He tried to get it back but she wouldn't let him have it, and screamed, MAMA!!! Oh my, another stubborn one to add to the mix :D Our visit came to an end, and it was time to give hugs. I picked her up swung her in circles, and tickled her stomach. She gave us hugs, then I walked her to the common area, she independently waved bye with the a wide grin, and said Paka.

1 comment:

Bookie said...

How adorable!!! I tear up whenever I read your blog. What a fantastic adventure!