Friday, February 25, 2011

It's A Girl


We are now the proud parents of Alexandra Wood. Last night we both spent some time going over our documents and details so we would be ready for court. We were both very nervous going through a court hearing is stressful to begin with, going through a court hearing in a different country added to our stress. The judge was professional and asked important questions of both Sam and I about our daughter's future and well being. At the end of the proceeding we were granted adoption of Alexandra.

Today was probably as close as we will get to the feeling parents describe at the delivery room. Knowing that we will be able to provide a life, a future and a family for Alex is truly an amazing gift. The next chapter in our lives is about to begin, and I dare say that despite the challenges we have had the easy part is almost done. The best is yet to come.

14 comments:

Dr Write said...

She's so pretty! And she's smiling! Yeah! I can't wait to meet her. Amazing. So happy for you all!
(this is Lynn)

Scott and Sammy Wood said...

Lynn, this has been the most incredible day. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

That is freaking Awesome!! Scott and Sam are two of the best people I know, and I am sure they will make great parents. Does this mean I am a great uncle now? Woo Hoo!! :D

Anonymous said...

My heartfelt congratulations and best wishes to you both and to your beautiful new daughter. Being adopted myself, I am particularly touched by your story. Glenn

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy for all three of you!! What a beautiful little girl and a beautiful family!

Coleman Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sam and Scott! She's so darling!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy this is all coming together and she is responding to you. You are doing great! What a blessing you all will be to each other!

Unknown said...

Wonderful news and congratulations! Crystal and I wish your new family the best!

Waterdog said...

Fantastic news, Scott and Sam. Parenting will change your life...and hers. Awesome. (Michael Waterman)

The McEacherns said...

Congratulations! She's adorable! Did I miss how old she is in some other post? And if you thought today was great, wait until you are finally alone with her outside of the orphanage walls. Now THAT is a sweet feeling!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry reading this! How wonderful. Thanks for sharing the photograph of Alex. Looking forward to meeting her! <3 Julie and Sam

Anonymous said...

how spectacular you must have felt to hear the final words that the adoption is now finalized. it must have played in your head over and over again like your favorite song. it must have been hard to stop smiling and crying. what an amazing future you behold with a life as precious as your own. so happy for you both! love you and Scott!!!!!! :) smiles :) TaYa

Anonymous said...

Sammy, I am so happy for both you and Scott. She is a beautiful little girl and is very lucky to have such loving parents!
Laurie

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful daughter!! Congratulations She is going to have an amazing life thanks to her two wonderful parents:)