Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Today was the first day Saschoi(What she likes to be called)didn't cry on our arrival. We got to help the other kids today bundle up for a winter's day. Most of the kids wear wool bomber hats, and Scott had a hard time determining what side was right. I put on the scarves wrong. We cramped the system. While all of this was happening Saschoi decided to point and communicate to me that she wants to play puzzles. We spent the majority as a family playing games and putting things together. The highlight of the evening was when we were playing a game with her, and all the sudden she started giggling. I could of started crying. I was so happy. We spent an half an hour being silly to just hear her giggle. We also showed her the family book of pictures. I spoke to her in Russian who all our family members were, and how they were her's now. She understood what I said, and went over the book of pictures again. We got to hear a Mama, and Dada(She has claimed us) as she was describing back to us what she saw in the book. We have a smart one on our hands. I am warning our family now. HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So glad to hear she's warming up to you!
P.S. Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog! Welcome!
Inch by inch... life's a cinch, yard by yard by darn it's hard. That was one of Steve's favorite quotes. Glad that you guys shared a day together that made everyone feel more comfortable.Tell me why she likes to be called Saiche? Sorry I know I probably spelled it wrong. Look up a Leapster Explorer and tell me if you think that would be something she might enjoy and help make the learning process fun. I could send one back with Scott.
Love your all. mommacita/grammie
omg! such amazing moments you have experienced already as the beginning chapter of your life as a family. i hope for the best as time becomes the moment of taking her off the plane, and driving her home, and introducing her to her new life. I cherish you all! love ya's!!!! tAYA
Donna,
Alexandra seems to respond to Sashoi best. That is what her caregiver calls her, and it might be her favorite. Scott and I started calling her that yesterday, and she was responding. Today I made her mad by reading a book with another boy, and she totally ignored me. Wouldn't even respond...to Saschoi. The visits are getting much friendlier, and tomorrow will mark one week knowing her. We love you!!!
Post a Comment