Later in the session Sam went to get a tissue from one of the staff members to wipe Alex's nose. She had to enter the room where all of the other children were playing. After entering the room I heard several of the other children ask her if she was mama. It was difficult for both of us to hear, each one of those kids deserve someone to love them like a son or a daughter. It was soon time for Alex's lunch time, and nap. When we went to say our goodbyes, Alex waved her hand at us and spoke the word Paka(Bye).
6 comments:
So, so heartwarming guys. Absolutely amazing.
I know that "mama and papa" thing is difficult with the other kids, but they also call their female caregivers "mama" so try not to take it to heart too much. They do need real parents, but you can only do what you can do! Glad to hear the visits are going well!
For those of us who just found your blog, can you tell us a little more about Alex? How old, what region, how you knew of her, what led you to adopt from Ukraine, etc?
Yea! What a blessing she is starting to allow herself to connect with you!
Sweet! Can't wait to meet her!!
This brought tears to my eyes. We can't wait to meet her and introduce her to Ari. He will love a new playmate. I can't imagine the emotions you two are going through right now, amazing!!! Happy travels
@ The McEarchens I would love to tell you about Alexandra, although I cannot go into much detail about her hometown location, nor which Orphanage she resides, sorry(I can tell you the region soon after legal proceedings). She is a 3 yr old that was referred to me from Larissa @ Adopt a waiting child. It is an amazing group of people who go above and beyond to get Children in Ukraine homes matched with forever families. I have always wanted to adopt internationally, and Ukraine happened to come into the picture.
Post a Comment