Monday, February 28, 2011
Scott is on his way headed for the States :( I will stay behind, and wrap up the last of the proceedings. My hope is that I get to return with Sasha sometime the week of March 13th, but its too early to tell. Sasha and I started the first visit today bundling up and going for a walk on the Orphanage grounds. It was nice to get out, and we were alone. We came across objects that were easy to describe in English such as snow, tree, birds, and ice. Afterwards, we went back to the common room, warmed up, and played a game start-to-finish. Sasha sometimes loses interest half way through the activity, and picks a new one. We finished, put it away, and by that time the visiting hours ended. Tonight's visit was incredible! Sasha and I were watching videos together on my laptop. She started pointing to each object on the screen. This is her way of saying, "Whats this?". Enthusiastically, I proceeded to teach her the English name of the object she pointed to. She mimicked each thing I said to the best of her ability. I decided to put a ABC learning DVD in the player. We went through the whole thing together laughing, making sound effects, naming each animal that appeared on the screen, and speaking each letter in the alphabet. I verbally reinforced her with each chance I got. By coincidence, in one of the videos we were viewing there happened to be a scene of a plane taking off, and I spoke pointing to the plane, "There goes papa." She pointed too and replied loudly, "PAPA". She is starting to stare in my eyes, and smile. Her little heart is opening up, and as long as she has her hand in mine, she begins to trust what lies ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How wonderful!
Scott and Sami
We are so excited for your new life...we love you so much.
Aunt Becky
Post a Comment