Thursday, February 17, 2011

We Accept

Today we packed up and started our journey from Kiev. During our travels we were pulled over while leaving the gas station. After some heated discussion with the police we were allowed to continue on our way without issue. Finally we arrived at the orphanage around 10AM we reviewed the paper work and medical conditions. We were then allowed see our prospective daughter.
It took only a few minuets but we both knew this was right. She has grown a bit since our original picture. She is quiet and shy, but I think given the circumstances it's a normal reaction. We were only able to spend a short period of time with each other but it was enough. Sam and I both officially accepted her as our daughter. We can now begin the legal process to finalize the adoption.

From this point forward we will be able to visit her twice a day for short periods of time. This will continue until the legal proceedings are completed. Sam and I both plan on making the most of it as possible. We are not able to post pictures or her name until the legal proceedings have completed. Sam and I will try to keep everyone up to date on our progress over this and next week..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Good luck with the visits and enjoy the wonders and surprises that are about to unfold.

The McEacherns said...

Yay! Can't wait until you've had court so we can see pics!

Tracy said...

I bet being pulled over was way scary. Glad you ended up not having any issues with them. I'm so happy for you two!