We were able to visit Larissa today I brought my tablet with the short video I made yesterday of us, our home and her sister. We also brought our interpreter to help better communicate with her. She sat down in the corner while I played the movie as it passed I let her know who was in each picture. After the video had finished with the interpreters help I told her that we both loved her very much. I told her that Mama, Papa and Sister wanted her to come home and be a part of our family. I asked her if she was scared she nodded yes. I let her know that there was nothing to be scared of and that her Mama and Papa loved her. I could see her eyes were welling up with tears along with mine at that point I knew she understood. After that it took a few mins to process and move on, since that point she was much more open to both Samantha and I. We played with the foam blocks I would build up a wall and peek through then she would smash it down. We stacked plastic discs and tried played with other toys in the room. Before we left I crouched down and without any apprehension she gave me a hug and said goodbye.
Sunday, December 29, 2013
Better Days Ahead
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment