Thursday, January 16, 2014

A glimpse of hope

Yesterday,  had to the opportunity to spend some time with Larissa Pearl outside the orphanage, so we could complete the passport process. This girl of ours was a completely different soul! She handled herself in a way I didn't think was possible. There was lots of smiles exchanged, she felt comfortable to sit on and fall asleep on my lap. The holding of the hands. Who was this angel? It led me to even a deeper thought that day. I wondered if all of her behavior we had seen inside the orphanage, was her continued love and loyalty to her caregiver mommies. Maybe the lack of affection at that time was a reflection towards that as well. It makes sense. One should never over look all the factors that play into the bondage, and take the lack of personal.  I hope that makes sense. I really look forward starting my life wirh her today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So heartwarming! Enjoy! :) (Heather Roth)