Being a mama, I seldom get the chance to sit down to read other adoptive parent blogs. We all have very different children that sometimes share the same experiences and yet bring unique situations to the surface. I am going to write in freestyle today. My last day in Donetsk. I do not belong here, but a new piece of me does. I have been so fortunate to meet all the folks here that has brought light to my life. Coincidence? Perhaps. Makeevka and Mariupol will never be forgotten. Friendly and welcoming. Old coal miners with seasoned faces bundled up with a lit cigarette in mouth pushing little carts to go get their groceries. Independent and proud. The border of Russia just half an hour and a half a way. This is Oblast is industry at its best. Steel and Coal.
Quiet moments and reflection. A part of Larissa will always live here. She seems a little bit more ready today to take on an new adventure. She misses her friends at the orphanage, and usually cries about this around nap time. I will never be able to experience her melancholy, but am glad to be here in hopes that I can help her through it. Sometimes I silently cry with her when she is laying down just about to fall asleep. She is a true soldier.
No comments:
Post a Comment