Somehow our last update got erased. Mobile blogs are complicated and at certain times not so user friendly. Here we go. I am completely random in thought and use freestyle writing as an advantage. Last week, we had a successful SDA appt and travelled to the location to where the orphanage is. After a full month of hurdles, we have met the one who was chosen for us. I will use the name Pearl until we gain custody of her. Pearl is cute as ever, and so sweet. She has always wanted a papa and lit up the first time she locked eyes with him. Sasha didn't quite know how to interact with her. Both girls like the idea of a sister, but when mixing two shy girls nothing happens. We will give it some time. Only having two visits with Pearl, Scott and Sasha had to return to the States. They both had exceeded their one month limit of excused time off.
I stayed behind to bond with Pearl. The first week is always the hardest. I have been given info hearsay that genetically, Ukrainian girls are always daddy's girls. I am not sure that always holds true at first, but in this case I might. I have got her to smile, talk with the help of a treat, play, but so far has a hard time with affection. That is ok. You can't rush that. I have learned with Sasha that patience is key.
I miss my family and friends back home but in good hands here. Scott has been a champion as a single dad. He has been my rock as well. I cannot think of a better husband to share this journey with.
No comments:
Post a Comment