After a marathon day of travel I am back in Ukraine for our court date and opportunity to spend Christmas with Samantha. This past two weeks have been challenging in ways I can't even begin to explain. I will sure miss spending Christmas with Rose and the rest of our extended family. I have tried to keep the traditions alive last weekend Sasha and I setup the tree, I have been reading her a christmas story each night from the cannon of christmas provided by Glammy. Still there is something special about watching the excitement in your children as they unwrap and explore the magic of Christmas while it can still be heard. Sasha and I wrote a letter to santa last week her request was a humble one, it read simply "Santa I would like a Nest". I think I may have even caught a glimpse of him before we flew into the soup of fog covering the airport. With all of the challenges I really enjoyed spending time with Sasha she never ceases to surprise me as I spot glimmers of her personality begin to shine. While we are celebrating it in different places and in different ways I have come to truly appreciate the gift of family and friends. Picking up and spending time with Sasha, helping to feed the animals, a ride to the airport, donations and even just a shoulder to cry on. Your gifts are worth more than any gift card, gadget or present under a tree. Merry Christmas and thank you for helping us make this journey a reality.
P.S.
Santa left me a note about the nest on our tree last night one of the elves found out and wanted to help out. Because the request was something special you may not see it wrapped under a tree just yet but be patient a wonderful surprise is on the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment