Patience and flexibility are necessary with any adoption. Our first one was perfect. We were told it was a model adoption. Our current one hasn't been so fortunate. We have encountered a twist of which we're not at liberty to go into detail. We know that we are here for someone. While waiting for our needed addendum, we decided to travel to Crimea for the weekend. With Russia being close to it's borders, I am curious if it somehow parallels the lifestyle. We were lucky to visit a cafe that spoke moderate English as we found out most on this peninsula speak only Russian.
I have had questions about how Sasha is handling all of this. I am happy to report that she is handling all of this like a trooper. She was pretty whiny the first week, but has been flexible with all the change. She honestly thinks this is one big field trip. We are trying to create a structured day for her so there is time for school work, and a time for play. That has really helped. We have a deck of number cards and I have been teaching her games such as war and go fish. She has been thoroughly enjoying the play time together.
With the wait of the addendum, it has put a delay in our process. Hopefully, sometime along the duration it will balance out. If I can help it, I would like to stay for this whole trip. I am not sure if that is possible just as of yet. I may take 2 trips. Scott will definitely have to make two. Please pray for us as we move forward in the right direction, and that we get another SDA appt before Scott and Sasha have to leave next Saturday.
Monday, November 18, 2013
Moving forward
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.keep the faith my friend... In the end you will be a new mom again!!!! Much love to you
Post a Comment