We are all suffering from jet lag, but making the best use of time. Sashi awoke with a hot forehead and all I could think was poor little bee. I went to the apothecary and had called K, beautiful Russian friend extraordinaire, in America to translate a simple sentence to the store clerk. One simple sentence. I didn't learn this one. Anyhow, we got it handled. I walked out with Children's Ibuprofen, and the easy to read thermometer. It sounds as if Sashi is coming down with a cold. Her temperature lowered, and she requested to go to a park that we had discussed the night before. We all needed to get out and decided to take a walk up Kreshatic street. It is a major street in Kyiv.
We took her to the park. While we were there, some grandparents and their cute little grand daughter decided to join us. Even know we spoke 2 different languages, they made an effort to communicate with us the best they could. Their granddaughter really wanted to play with Sasha and was interacting with her. Sasha just froze and isolated herself. No one made a big deal out of it which was the best approach we could have taken.We left the park and went to European square. There are all sorts of vendors selling Ukrainian souvenirs. It is fun tourist attraction. We got talked into taking a picture with birds . I don't know when the last picture we had as a family was. Tomorrow we get to talk with our facilitator about our upcoming SDA appt on Tuesday. The SDA appt is where we will talk about our prospective child, and have a brief interview. Time for a nap.


3 comments:
Love the family pictures! So glad Sasha is feeling better. :)
Fun pictures :) Best wishes on your travels!
I love the pics and your beautiful growing family!
Post a Comment