.Happy St. Paddy's day! As I hope you are cherishing today with a tasty green beverage, Sashoi and I are celebrating today's completion of all the remaining legalities with cookies. Our paperwork came to an end as a Visa was inserted in her passport. It still feels surreal that we are done here, and only have two more days until we return to the US. I have made it a point to immerse Sasha into the busy life here so she could adapt to change a bit better. It seems to be working! Today, we walked all around the neighborhood we currently reside and went to our first restaurant together. I sat next to her to help her with her big girl fork, and introduced the dipping of bread into the soup. She put smiles on the restaurant workers, and exited with a lollipop in hand. We are very lucky to have such a well-mannered child, and have the caregivers to thank for that.
Sasha is picking up english words quickly. I make up new little games to make learning less intimidating.. Tonight we were playing with a thin plastic bag, swaying it side to side so it would fill up with air then pushing it up to the ceiling. When it floated down, we repeated the motion this time we both counted to 3, and released it back into the air. Happiness filled the room, as she screamed and laughed with excitement. She understands now the phrase, "Be nice to..." when she gets a little too overzealous. There is a spark of hope that she will not have such a hard time adjusting overall.
On another note, tomorrow I hope to successfully go grocery shopping with a few items to last, and not return with 6 cucumbers.. This is twice now that I have asked for "One"food item, and instead of giving me the desired amount the vendor gives me the amount of one kilo. I have to smile because everyday is an adventure.

2 comments:
Yay for getting all the legalities and paperwork done! And good luck with the grocery shopping!
What an adventure! Hooray for being almost home!
Post a Comment