Saturday, March 5, 2011


Scott is trying to coordinate a plan with our travel agent to have Sasha and I return to Utah on March 19.  Hopefully, this will follow through(please keep us in your prayers).  When you are a foreigner even for just a short period of time you start realizing how lucky you really are to live in the US.   It has been a truly humbling to experience the cultural differences that are unlike your own.  I am a wee bit homesick, but in less than a week Sasha will unite with me. We will brave the rest of this trip together! If our travel plans can be executed Scott will join us on a connecting flight.
On another note, Sasha is presenting more sides of her.  Yesterday, I got to attend another program Sasha was in.  Afterwards, she ignored me, cried when the caregivers left her with me, and didn't want to participate in any activities together. I was at a loss what to do next. A caregiver gave us a crepe to share, and it was then apparent to me she was incredibly hungry.  In spite of that, the rest of the visit was pleasant. Last night, a caregiver brought out a stroller with a baby in it for Sasha to play with.  Her baby is now included with every activity we do together. She sets the  baby in her stroller, takes it out, talks comforting words with it, kisses it and make sure she is properly snug in the stroller. Sasha is a great mama, and I know what she will be getting for her birthday this month.

1 comment:

The McEacherns said...

How old is she turning?