Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Milestone

 Tomorrow, Sashi will start fall pre-school.   This is a new school, and she is a wee bit nervous. Every time I try to get her excited about it she tells me to be quiet, but little does she know that Mama gets to co-op in her class.  While in the "Notary Phase" back in Ukraine, my friend Julie emailed me to promptly submit an application in hopes that Sasha could get chosen.  This is a lottery-charter school(PreK-8) that values both community, and parent involvement. After a few months, we were told that Sasha was one of the lucky ones selected. Scott and I are incredibly excited to be a part of this(Thanks Julie!). I am sure Sasha will be after the first week :)

We just recently put Sasha into swimming lessons as we are thoroughly convinced that she was indeed a fish, in her past life.  Today was day two, and she is LOVING it! The lesson is 30 min. I usually let her swim 30min before and after. Somehow, I am regretting the extra time swimming because she is incredibly exhausted, and its like pulling teeth to get her to go to bed.  She went to bed at 7:45pm tonight cranky  to the last minute.

Tomorrow, is my 35th Birthday.   Mixed feelings linger in my soul trying to accept that I have to be an adult now.  We will see :)

1 comment:

Coleman Family said...

What fabulous luck in getting Sasha into that preschool! She will benefit so much from going there, and hooray that you get to help out! Happy Birthday by the way! Can't wait to meet Sasha!