Thursday, April 28, 2011









 Easter day was an eventful one for the Wood family.  Sasha was ectsatic to wake up to a basket of goodies in the morning.   We all had a great time spending the day with both of our families.  The highlight for Sasha was the easter egg hunt that grammy, and Scott put together.  Above, is some combined pics that Jeff(Scott's Brother)took for the occasion.

On another note, Sasha is planning to start Summer preschool May 17th.  She has shown us on numerous occasions that she is ready for this.  This week we had her involved with a tour of the preschool. Sasha had no qualms about making herself comfortable.  I also caught a glimpse of her helping another child getting the tools necessary to play together.  Sasha is very nurturing, and insightful of what is going on around her.  Her English speaking improves everyday, and she gets a little braver to learn more. Scott and I feel this is going to be a positive move for her, and help her English flourish in natural settings.

The adjustment process is still a bit of a roller-coaster, but progresses on a daily basis as we are all getting to know each other.  Sasha seems to be having a bout of night terrors, but it is sporadic.  She also is testing the boundaries like a normal four year old :) I have to keep on telling myself, "Time and Patience" also, "Be proactive, and not reactive."

I must go now..I have to wake Sash from her afternoon nap.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photos of her hunting for eggs! She is such a beautiful little girl! Oh this toddler stage and the constant testing- Alex is really good at that and I think Gavin is catching on as much as a 2-year old can! How are things going? They appear to be great!!! Keep up the great parenting and self-motivation speeches! Sometimes I forget to take a step back and remember I'm dealing with toddlers! I hear it's pretty easy to forget though. Thinking about you! Take care!