Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2010

So we talked last in 2009... let's bring you up to speed. I have taken on additional hours at group home, and still work three days at the Salon. Scott got promoted within Vehix, and is liking the position. We are both working many hours to save up for an important trip to Eastern Europe. In addition, we are remodeling our basement to make a man cave for Scott. He will have a new office and Gym space! On another note, we are in the process of adopting a 3 year old from Ukraine. We haven't really wanted to tell people because she isn't guaranteed ours yet. There are a series of steps that need to be taken before we actually get to take her home with us. Recently, the dossier paperwork was just submitted to Ukraine's SDA(State Dept. of adoptions) on Thanksgiving day. Ukraine will have to look over our dossier which is a collection of required documents that is sent to a foreign country in order to process the adoption of a child in that country's legal system. The SDA will then send us an invite, and we will have up to a month to travel abroad. I have been told by my facilitator that it could take up to 20 days to receive this. Meanwhile, we have quite a bit to prepare for, and a lot to learn. Scott and I decided to take the, "Love and Logic" parenting class hoping to prepare for our new journey. I also just completed the The Mister Rogers Parenting Book. I recommend this book if you have a toddler. It is filled with great tips! Last, I am taking Russian lessons by both Rosetta stone, and meeting once a week with a native Russian. I will keep you updated as more news is received. Have a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to read that all is going forward with the baby. You two are going to be the best parents ever with so much love to give not only each other but a lucky little kid! Let us all know how it goes. We'll be rooting for you here! Luv U
Julie & Sam

Coleman Family said...

Wow! That would be so incredible for you two! Thanks for the info on the blog, it'll be nice to keep up on you guys through it! We'll keep you in our prayers with this adoption business! :)

Anonymous said...

Sammy and Scott, You will make the most lovely of parents! You have all the love to give, that a child deserves. Alex is so lucky to have you as potential parents. And the Love and Logic classes are wonderful. We are hoping to go to the class in Jan. 2011 in SLC with the Father and Son, Jim and Charles Fay.

We have you in our thoughts, and hope to hear of the most wonderful news, as soon as you do! Love you both. hugs!!! Taya & Fam