Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Progress.
I am clearly over my mourning stage-for now :) Recently, I went to one of my 2 doctors which he is a endrocrinologist, and he called me on my crap. I have to smile. As you know I struggle with a disease called polycistic ovary syndrome, or PCOS. There is no cure for this only treatment. I have to take meds to metabolize insulin(I am not diabetic). My body doesn't overproduce, it just doesn't metabolize it. In the meantime, all that insulin goes to the ovaries and produces cysts instead, which goes hand in hand with infertility. Fun fun. This is why most females with this syndrome have large midsections. Anyhoo, let me get to the point. My doctor is from India and he is one of my more,"Eastern treatment therapyesque"kinda dude(he treats me for my pcos). I asked him if there was anything magical I could take to get pregnant. His response is my conscience now and plays in head repeatedly,"Sam stop being a hippocryte, do what you say your going to do." i.e. exercise and good diet, along with taking your metformin. Ya ya I know we have all heard that one. This time it stuck. I have to do cardio 6 days a week and implement my raw vegetarian food(not meat, of course)with a little protein. He also said that we should really watch how much we eat in our diet. Did you know that your breakfast isn't fully digested by lunch time and the same with lunch and dinner? Americans have been programmed to think to eat until there full and I was told that was all wrong. We can eat what we eat only until were satisfied. I have been trying that. OMG how much energy I have had in the last 3 days. I will keep you updated on the progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment