It is really hard to accept that I am my own worst critic. Being a PERFECTIONIST takes it's tole. I am coming to realize that it is okay to make mistakes(my current fixation:practice makes perfect in hairstyling..not to say that I am doing bad hair, but I am not doing advanced cuts..). How many times does one have to have reality hit you before you can accept what you need to and move on??? Yesterday, My buddy Amanda and I went to liberty park in the depths of hades to go skating(she skateboarding, me rollerderby)we went around twice and had a blast. An epiphany crossed my mind and I shouted out loud,"I want to be me when I grow up!!!" It has taken 30 years to come out of my shell and accept me for me. I am proud to say that I am letting go little by little of this whole,"Perfectionism thing".. and happily accepting me for my quirks.
No comments:
Post a Comment