Friday, August 10, 2012

Summertime Growth

Summer is almost over, and its been awhile since I last visited our blog. We have grown together as a family, experienced some high's, and some low's. Despite our erratic summer,  it has been full of growth.  Sasha has grown into a lovely little lady and has made impressive progress. We continued her summertime pre-school placement(Same as last year's summer program) and her development is as others her age.  We have traveled this season to Zions Nat'l park, St. George, and will be going to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho in 2 weeks. 

We had an abrupt encounter with Sashi while in Zion. Out of nowhere she said, "I have a Mama, and she lives in the mountains. She left me." I looked  at Scott with eyes of disbelief. I knew this was coming, but now? luckily we have an excellent psychologist that prepared us for this, but seemed to draw a blank at that exact moment. Scott and I decided to kneel to her level, and take her hands and while speaking softly told her the reason she was with us is that her mama couldn't take care of her, and that she trusted us to do the job. We followed that with a group hug. End of story, moving on. I phoned my psychologist when we returned, and he commended us. We were also told that we have hit a good level of trust.

Sashi has experienced a lot of death this summer that has affected her both indirectly, and directly.  Our pugs passed this summer within 3 months time, unexpectedly.  The first death she was just a little whiny, and had a weird week. The second death hurt her badly. She was close to this pug(Female pug,very nurturing animal). She repeatedly watched a video of this pug recorded on my phone and cried. She still has a hard time dealing with the concept of death, and asks when the pugs are coming back. We tell her that they are in heaven keeping God good company.  

  
Sashi's 5th Birthday
 Sashi's Birthday party
 Zion Nat'l Park @ the Lodge.
 Sasha and Papa Zion
 Zion
 Sassy
 Puppies!
Mama and Sasha out to eat.

We still love being parents, and our family bonds so much stronger as time goes by. I pray to God every day how grateful I am to have her in our lives. I have also prayed for another child. I hope our time comes again. Sashi would make an excellent big sister.

No comments: